Dr. Christine E. Kasper
Dean and Professor
"An academic career is not only teaching but both research and teaching."
- PhD – University of Michigan, 1982
- MSN – Rush University, 1976
- BSN – University of Evansville, 1975
- Achieving the Sigma Theta Tau International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame Award.
- Being elected to fellowship in the American Academy of Nursing and the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Receiving endowed research chair positions at John's Hopkins University and University of NM.
In which online degree program do you teach?
What do you want students to take away from your classes? What do you want them to learn?
Nursing is a science.
What is the value of a BSN?
It is the basis of a solid career in Nursing.
What's the best advice that you have ever received?
Immediately get my PhD after finishing my BSN.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in nursing?
Perseverance, high intellectual standards, and a commitment to service.
Why are you interested in nursing? What drew you to this field?
The science of nursing and research.
Why did you start teaching?
An academic career is not only teaching but both research and teaching.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?